The Challenging Child Workshop - Solving Power Struggles
Yes, challenging children have a sweet, tender side… but raising a non-compliant, defiant kid is tiring work that requires out-of-the-ordinary tactics. Spend half a day with other parents who have children with similar temperaments to find both help and camaraderie.
In this workshop you will:
- Complete self-discovery exercises about our beliefs and personality style.
- Make guesses as to our child’s personality style and the “fit” between parent and child.
- Examine the private logic and mistaken beliefs of your challenging child.
- Out of control versus gaining control? What is the usefulness of explosive behaviour?
- Learn a brain based understanding of anger and self-regulation
- Discover new techniques for dealing with your child’s emotions of frustration and anger and how to respond to their explosive episodes and loosening the child’s rigid thinking will all be addressed.
- Identify 7 communication blocks and common triggers
- Family meeting and problem solving as proactive solutions to triggers
If you have a difficult child that you would like to get to know better, be closer with, enjoy more, have less resistance and more co-operation from them, then this talk is for you.
For those who have taken my parenting boot camp, this workshop will cover new and more in-depth material.
Please note, all sales are final and tickets are non refundable. In the event you do need to change your date, tickets are transferrable to other individuals. This means you can sell them to a friend.