Recognizing that the ODA Suggested Fee Guide is an important part of running a business both ethically and economically, this session is designed so that dentists can accurately and effectively interpret the Guide for General Practitioners and gain a better understanding about the world of dental insurance. Participants will hear best practices in choosing the correct procedure codes, fee development and communications with both patients and third parties.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Identify and apply principles required to develop and communicate fees and report services using the ODA Suggested Fee Guide, acknowledging the link to professional conduct
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of the dentist as they relate to dental plans
- Be familiar with the key aspects and the importance of record keeping and documentation as it relates to reporting and communicating with third party payers
Leslie Redmond, Assistant Dental Information Officer, Practice Advisory Services, ODA
Registration and dinner: 5:30 PM – 6:00 PM
Seminar Duration: 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
This workshop qualifies for 3 CE points, Category 1 (Core)
- ODA Dentist Fee: $85.00 (includes HST)
- ODA Dentist - Dental Staff Fee: $85.00 (includes HST)
Note: Registration is online only
Questions: Contact Richard Pita, Program Coordinator - Member Education, at email@example.com
Cancellations received in writing up to 7 business days (by March 10th) prior to the event will be given a full refund. No refund or credit will be issued for cancellations received less than 6 business days prior to the event. The ODA reserves the right to cancel seminars as the result of unforeseen circumstances or insufficient advance registration. In the event of such a cancellation, we will provide a full refund but, regrettably, cannot accept responsibility for out-of-pocket costs incurred due to the cancellation.
Support for the ODA Practice Management Seminar Series is provided by Scotiabank
Please note that the information collected on this form will be used by the ODA for the purpose of CE registration, for providing communication updates and for no other purpose. The ODA is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. For more information about the ODA’s management of personal information, or the ODA’s use and disclosure practices, please contact a Member Service Representative at 1-800-387-1393 or 416-922-3900, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at 416-922-9005.