Actions and Detail Panel
The Recovery Model: Vision and Substance with Dr. Ragins
Thu, 27 October 2016, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM MDT
The Mental Health Promotion Committee of Southern Alberta is proud to bring back Dr. Ragins for a rescheduled one-day conference on October 27th. Doors will open at 8:00 and the workshop will begin at 9:00 am. Tickets will go on sale August 1st - October 21st and will be available for $100 each.
The Recovery Model: Vision and Substance
Throughout this workshop, Dr. Ragins will discuss:
- Different conceptual models of recovery and how they apply to working with people with severe mental illnesses
- How the three core recovery transformations (from illness centered to person centered, from professionally-driven to client-driven collaboration, and from deficit-based to strengths-based building resilience) impact how we see our clients and our treatment plans
- Break down the process of recovery into three stages that people go through as they move from a river of suffering to reintegration into the community (engagement, rebuilding, and arriving), along three dimensions (personal, relationships, and roles)
- How to track people’s progress in recovery and use specifically targeted person-centered interventions to promote their recovery
- How recovery-based programs and a comprehensive recovery-based system of care can be developed.