Join us at THINK: Open, as we bring together leaders of our public institutions, subject matter experts, and practitioners to understand how the commons will impact our research, education and innovation sectors.
Within innovation ecosystems, mash-ups of scientists, students, educators, clinicians, entrepreneurs, politicians, citizens, and more, collaborate in unpredictable ways. Communities around the world are embracing the strength of multidisciplinary teams to fuel solutions to intractable problems.
In this inclusive environment, connections to each other and to information are imperative to ensure efficiency and effectiveness. So much data and expertise exist outside of our traditional institutions of innovation that siloed repositories cannot support the advancement they were meant to serve.
What would happen if data, ideas, and content were freely available to everyone to use and contribute to as they wish, without restrictions? What kinds of new knowledge would we generate? What kinds of efficiencies would we find? What security would be needed to protect them? As public institutions endeavour to provide greater access to data, society grapples with how to leverage it. Find out what kind of infrastructure is needed to support this inclusive community with their diverse ideas. Get insight into the best practices already being harnessed across the globe and from experts right here in our own backyard. Discover how you can enable greater transparency, participation, and improved decisions through “open”.
Topics we’ll explore:
How to support the complex needs of openness in …
- Data – Leveraging what exists and applying new analytics
- Government – Managing through collaboration with constituents
- Education – From new pedagogies to accessible classroom resources
- Research – Encouraging public access to and new applications of scientific discoveries
- Bioinformatics and medical research – Optimizing data science to accelerate health
- Technology – Considering the increased importance of security and privacy
Who should attend:
- Technology leaders who want to know how “open” will affect their healthcare, research and education institutions
- Champions of the “open” approach, including researchers, students, educators, librarians, policy makers, and innovation community leaders.
Sponsorship packages available!
To learn more, please contact Cathy Bogaart at email@example.com
Group rates available!
We know that innovation can be powerfully sparked when we put our heads together. That’s why we’re offering group rates for groups of three, or more, at $50pp. For this option, select the "group rate" ticket option upon registration.
Terms and Conditions
By registering, you consent to sharing your registration information with third parties.
Only one (1) promo code may be redeemed per user or party, in the case of group rates. Promo codes cannot be used in combination with other codes or offers. Organizers have the right to adjust registration accordingly.
Save This Event
When & Where
ORION is a not-for-profit organization committed to actively supporting Ontario's researchers, educators and innovators. Since 2001, we've facilitated new discoveries and learning by connecting institutions and regions, enabling collaboration, forging partnerships, and providing our community with the digital tools they need to make the world a better place.