San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Discovery Series Toronto is collaborating with BNOTIONS for our upcoming launch event. BNOTIONS is one of Canada's leading mobile, data and analytics partner of choice for firms such as American Express, eBay and RBC. Their products have featured in Top 10 Made in Canada (App Store) and they have also won a host of accolades such as Facebook's Innovation Competition 2014 with Gallop Labs. Not only do they want to showcase their brilliant work, they also want to meet and find Skule talent.
1. BNOTIONS- Keynote speech: by Nahim Nasser (VP Engineering at BNOTIONS).
Topic: Opportunity and Innovation"We have the rare fortune of being alive in a time of rapid innovative change. Most of you have seen firsthand the rise of the Information, Social, and Connected Ages, and the integral role technology has played in each. It is up to you to decide which one is most interesting to you, and which one you believe will have the continued success to provide a fruitful career. Regardless of what you choose, however, you must realize that all three of these areas are currently dominated by technology, which makes any engineer a perfect fit.Learn what it takes to be innovative, how to identify important career opportunities, and hear about some mistakes made and lessons learned."
- Personal branding station - VP of Human Resources and HR rep from BNOTIONSwill outline best practices, tips and tricks of recruitment and critique your resumes andLinkedIn profiles!- Cool demos- An awesome demo featuring integration between the Tesla, AndroidWear andGoogle Glass for a connected driving experience!- 4-6 other demos on stuff that they have worked on.- Technical challenge- For all the coders, hackers out there!- Coding challenge with top submissions receiving interviews @ BNOTIONS!- Blynk, Pheedloop, Konectivity, Onyx Motion- Featured in the Next36 and UofT's Hatchery accelerators.- Student entrepreneurs - learn how they did it, and similar opportunities for you!- Interactive demos- Meet Steve Mann: check this out! http://www.tedxtoronto.com/speakers/steve-mann/- Demos of a new fitness paradigm, and a lighting system that optimizes your
selfies so you look the best - students can actually play with these things and see
how they are developed.- How to continuously innovate in mobile development.
- Exposure to recruitment styles and opportunities in corporate, startup and research
arenas: BNOTIONS is coming with jobs; startups are looking to add to their team;- Fantastic networking opportunity - meet all these amazing people and passionate
- Light dinner and refreshments are provided!
- : EVENT REGISTRATION
- : DS LAUNCH
- : KEYNOTE
- PERSONAL BRANDING 101
- BNOTIONS TECHNICAL CHALLENGE
- INTERACTIVE DEMOS
- : OPEN NETWORKING
When & Where
Nspire Innovation Network
Nspire is Canada's largest student-run non-profit in the business and technology space. Our mission is to connect, empower, and inspire tomorrow's leaders.
We aim to provide the resources, networks, and professional development opportunities that university students need to succeed. Visit our website.