Lakeview Water Treatment Plant
The Lakeview Water Treatment Facility serves the eastern sections of Mississauga and Brampton, and the community of Bolton. The western parts of Mississauga and Brampton are serviced by the Lorne Park Water Treatment Facility. Several watermains link the two areas, allowing water to transfer from either east to west or west to east.
ASME Ontario Section is proud to present a “Lakeview Water Treatment Facility”! Tour will go behind the scenes of the 67-acre Lakeview Water Treatment Facility is located on Lake Ontario. The facility was recently expanded as a result of increased growth and an agreement to supply water to York Region.
To learn more about Lakeview Water Treatment Facility, please visit the Peel Region website at
Highlights Of Peel and York Water Supply
- Sharing infrastructure costs and plant operating costs benefits both Peel and York;
- York will receive water from Peel's water treatment facilities to meet their growth-related demands for water from 2004 to 2031;
- York will pay $52.4 million to Peel in buy-in costs to purchase surplus capacity from the Lakeview Water Treatment Facility and feedermains. This will be paid in four installments;
- $8 million is derived from capital cost savings to Peel as a result of York's contribution to expand the Lakeview Water Treatment Facility and other components of the distribution system;
- York will make $92 million in contributions to Peel's reserve fund to the year 2031;
- Peel and York will share the cost of expanding components of the drinking water delivery system, such as the Lakeview Water Treatment Facility, water pumping stations, reservoirs and feedermains;
- Parts of the water distribution system that will be built in Peel to service York will be financed by York and owned, managed and operated by Peel;
- The agreement was developed in accordance with the Region of Peel's Guiding Principles adopted by Council to ensure water rates would not increase as a result of the agreement and Peel would retain control of its infrastructure;
- Peel and York staff will review the water servicing agreement every five years following York's connection to Peel's water system.