Actions and Detail Panel
Tour to Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada Inc. | ASME Ontario Section
Tue, 2 May 2017, 1:30 PM – 3:30 PM EDT
Ever wonder what goes on behind the scenes of assembling and testing brand new cars and SUVs prior to shipping and sales? Ever think about the technical work, welding, and robotics that goes behind a world class automotive body shop? Well here’s your chance to find out!
ASME Ontario Section is proud to present a “Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada Inc. (TMMC) Plant Tour”! We will go behind the scenes of this internationally-known, prestigious automotive assembly facility in Cambridge, Ontario and have a firsthand viewing of how a Toyota vehicle is put together. So feel free to join us and invite family and friends as well for this amazing experience (Children must be 8+ years of age and accompanied by an adult).
Each tour is approximately one to one and half hour in length. Upon Arrival at TMMC, visitors are welcome to browse their state of the art Visitors’ Centre which features products made at TMMC as well as interactive displays. From the Visitor center, visitors will be lead through the South Weld and North Assembly, two of the most visually impressive shops in Cambridge.
Upon Arrival at TMMC, visitors are welcome to browse their state of the art Visitors’ Centre which features products made at TMMC as well as interactive displays. The tour program consists of a 10-minute video presentation about TMMC, its history, and manufacturing methods. Following the video presentation, visitors embark on a motorized tram tour through their Welding and/or Assembly shops.
TMMC Tour Rules:
- Only natural fibers may be worn in the plant (wool, cotton, silk, linen, etc.)
- No Acrylic, Polyester, Rayon, Synthetic fiber (microfiber) clothing can be worn while on tour.
- No shorts, skirts, tear-away pants, nylon pants or nylon tops. Cotton socks will be provided if necessary.
- No hats or scarves can be worn while on tour.
- No open sandals or high-heeled shoes.
- No cameras, cell phones, pagers or other communication devices.
- No MP3 or other music players or any time of personal headphone device can be worn during the visit.
- No purses, bags, or knapsacks – these items will be stored under lock and key in the Visitor’s Centre while one tour.
- No food or drinks allowed during the tour.
- Arms and legs must be kept inside the tram at all times.
- Safety glasses must be worn at all times – these will be provided.
- Each guest must wear an audio headset during the tour.
- Children must be at least 8 years of age and must be accompanied by an adult.
- Visitors who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs are not allowed to enter the facility.
- Smoking is not permitted on site.
For more information please visit www.tmmc.ca
- All persons attending must arrive no later than 1:45 PM to sign-in.
- Tours must begin on time as they are scheduled around production hours.
- All persons attending must bring government issued photo ID and their badge if applicable.
- Meeting point: Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada Visitor Centre
Address: 1055 Fountain St N Gate#2, Cambridge, ON N3H 4R7, Canada
For any further questions regarding this tour, please contact Sally Zhang at firstname.lastname@example.org