A complete Tension/Trauma Release Exercise (TRE®) Certification Training program, consisting of 3 separate training weekends (Module 1, Module 2A, and Module 2B), supervisory sessions, and coursework for those interested in learning TRE for application in a therapeutic setting. Part of TRE, LLC’s Global Certification Training Progam, the 2-day Module 1 training is the first requirement toward becoming a Certified TRE® Provider and will include:
- Multifaceted exploration of the stress-trauma response continuum, including anatomy, neurology, physiology, and ethology
- Fundamentals of the Polyvagal theory
- Neurology of the therapeutic tremor response
- Experiential introduction to TRE®
- Introduction to personal containment and grounding strategies
Workshop open to the public and there are no prerequisites. Class size limited to 25 participants. Please bring your own yoga mat and blankets; complimentary water/tea/snacks provided. Lunch is on your own and a list of area eateries will be provided. For lodging information, please contact us.
Course participants eligible for 6.5 Continuing Education Units per day (39 hours total for all three modules) from the California Board of Registered Nursing or the Board of Behavioral Sciences. CEU certificate cost is $30 per module.
Module 1: Saturday, October 15, and Sunday, October 16, 2016
Module 2A: Saturday, January 28, and Sunday, January 29, 2017
Module 2B: Saturday, April 1, and Sunday, April 2, 2017
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
30% deposit due on signup: $990 (see below for total program cost)
Payment details: Eventbrite charges a 5.5% processing fee. If desired, participants may pay by credit card (3.5% fee) by calling TRE Los Angeles at 323-254-7775, or pay by check (no fee) mailed to TRE Los Angeles, 454 N. Avenue 56, #1, Los Angeles, CA 90042.
* Cancellation Policy: Registration fee is fully refundable prior to beginning program ONLY with at least 7 day written notice, minus a $50 administration fee.
* Withdrawal Policy: Participants who cancel with less than 7-day notice or withdraw early from the program will receive a pro-rated refund for all unused certification supervisions and workshops, minus an early withdrawal fee of 10% of the remaining balance.
Following completion of Module I training, all trainees will need to complete the following requirements before being awarded certification as a TRE® Provider:
- Attend in-person training workshops
- Module 1 – 2 days (October 15-16, 2016)
- Module 2A – 2 days (January 28-29, 2017)
- Module 2B – 2 days (April 1-2, 2017)
- Personal TRE® process, which includes:
- Four (4) personal TRE® sessions supervised by the Certification Trainer
- Journaling of at least 40 personal TRE® experiences.
- Attend four (4) TRE® group practice sessions
- Learning the TRE® Template and teaching TRE®:
- Structured practice-teaching sessions with close friends and family.
- Four (4) peer trade TRE® sessions
- Teach four (4) individuals TRE® supervised by the Certification Trainer.
- One (1) case study of individual TRE® instruction
- Midterm competency evaluation (practicum) of individual TRE® instruction.
- Teach three (3) groups of people TRE® supervised by the Certification Trainer
- Final competency evaluation (practicum) of group TRE® instruction.
- Deepen knowledge and theory of TRE®:
- Read required books and prepare a short analysis
- View the required DVDs and prepare a short analysis
The Certification Trainer may add extra sessions or assignments at her discretion. Sessions may be completed in-person and/or via Skype.
- Individual enrollment contract required with payment schedule:
- 30% deposit due on signing up: $990
- After Module 1, participants will choose to work with either a Certification Trainer Trainee or a Certification Trainer
- If working with Certification Trainer Trainee: $330/month for 7 months (total: $3,300)
- If working with Certification Trainer: $369/month for 6 months; $371/month for last month (total: $3,575)
- Certification enrollment fee and required books/media: Approximately $285
- CEU certificate cost is $30 per module (optional)
- Web listing fee $75
When & Where
TRE Los Angeles LLC