Actions and Detail Panel
Tuscan Wine & Olive Oil Event (Dinner & Tasting)
Mon, 15 May 2017, 6:30 PM – 9:00 PM EDT
This is a unique opportunity to sample wine and olive oil produced on the same estate in Italy - San Quintino, in the Tuscan province of Pisa.
The evening will be hosted by Gaia Massai, a trained olive oil and wine sommelier whose family have owned and operated San Quintino since 1967. Complimentary regional food pairings will be provided by Chef Luciano Schipano.
- Structured extra virgin olive oil and wine tastings (20-30 mins each)
- A meal consisting of traditional Tuscan dishes, including some of Gaia’s family favourites
- Discussion of terroir, varietals and production practices that give olive oil and wine their unique qualities
And because this is a small event you’ll have the opportunity to mingle with Gaia and Chef Luciano between courses.
Menu and Agenda
- Chianti DOCG
Charcuterie pairings during wine tasting:
- Lardo di colonnata, salame di cervo, prosciutto toscano
- Ricotta di pecora, pecorino toscano and primo sale cheese
- Roasted chestnuts and honey
Olive Oil Tasting:
- San Quintino Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Food pairings during olive oil tasting:
- Zuppa di fagioli
- Wild boar stew with potato
- Insalata di farro
- Olive oil gelato and cantucci
Note on alcoholic beverages:
- Price of event includes one glass of wine - San Quintino Chianti DOCG. Additional wine from will available for purchase at the event.