San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Tweens & Early Adolescents: A Whole New World
As a mother who has survived the teen years, Alyson speaks candidly about the joys and challenges that face tweens (10-12), early adolescents (12-14), and parents during this unique transition from childhood to adulthood.
In this workshop you will learn:
- Brain-based research on tweens and teens and their behaviour
- Developmental approach to understanding changes in your child’s social, physical and mental life
- Real-life ways to tackle tween and teen issues including
- Sexual development and dating
- Peer pressure/bullying
- Social media
- Swearing and defiance
- Strained parent relationships
- How to approach difficult subject matter including sexuality, illegal substances and depression
- How to be seen as a supporter, rather than a judge
- Setting and enforcing new limits and boundaries with new discipline tools
- A reality check on the true fears we need to prepare for
- Any other issues the group decides to discuss at the course
For parents, entering this unchartered territory, it can be unsettling times. The good news is, there is a lot to celebrate and these can be the most amazing years as you redefine your role as a parent. Setting the right expectations early can pave the way for a mutually respectful relationship between you and your child and I am here to help you learn the skills and strategies to do so. This workshop is ideal for parents of children ages 9-14 years old.
Please note, all sales are final and tickets are non refundable, Tickets are transferrable to other individuals. This means you can sell them to a friend.