Join Neil Zeller for a 2-day workshop of discovery, where you will learn to control your DSLR and then apply that knowledge to making creative images. You are smarter than your camera! I promise! This workshop is for the novice to intermediate DSLR/mirrorless camera owner.
Saturday: (Class location to be determined)
The first half of the day (9:00am - 12:30pm) will focus on:
- Explaining/Demonstrating the parts and settings of your Camera
- handling and care of your Camera
- Learning about lenses, filters, tripods
- Introducing you to the concepts and practical functions of Exposure, Aperture, ISO, and Focus
- Demystifying light and flash
The second half of the day (1:15pm - 5pm) will focus on
- Learning tips and techniques to take the best photos you can
- Experiential shooting; answering real world problems/ questions
- Eliminating 'Tourist' type photography from your vocabulary
- Composition and inspiration
- Capturing THE moments.
What you need to bring:
- DSLR Camera (Digital Single-lens Reflex), Or Mirrorless system. As long as the ISO, Aperture and shutter speed can be adjusted manually.
- Lenses, charged batteries, memory cards.
- An amazing attitude!
What to expect:
- A fun, relaxed learning environment where you are free to ask the so called 'silly' questions without judgement or ridicule.
- That you will be inspired to get out and make beautiful images.
Saturday Evening will be spent shooting amazing, rich, tack sharp and captivating photos of our incredible city. We will board the supplied tour bus at Flames Community Arenas at 7:00 PM for a ‘practical applications photo tour’ until 10:30pm. We will plan to shoot around the city but if the aurora are out, we will chase those! What better way to cement your new found knowledge!
On Sunday we will meet at 10:00am for an 8-9 hour countryside photo tour in the tour bus, exploring all of Neil’s favorite photo locations out in the Alberta countryside. We never know where we will end up as we will check the weather and head for the best!
We will meet at the Flames community arenas at 10:00am to board your modern 15 passenger bus, and will be dropped off at the same location by approx. 8pm. We will make time for a quick late afternoon supper stop. Bring your own snacks and drinks for on the bus.
The schedule and photo tour locations for this workshop are subject to change based on the weather.
This classroom session is a powerful learning tool that will give you that base for a fulfilling future of editing your images!
* Note, there will be places where we will be walking on uneven or icy ground. Please wear proper clothing for extended outdoor shooting, vey warm footwear is especially important. Please be prepared for this. A detailed email will be sent to registrants well prior to the class.
**You must be 18 years or older to attend this class (under 18 requires parent/ guardian permission). By registering for this class you release Neil Zeller Photography, the location and any other involved parties from any liability that may occur. You will be required to sign a liability release form at the start of the workshop day