Air Quality, Climate Change and the
The 2016 Upwind Downwind conference is the 6th bi-annual conference hosted by Clean Air Hamilton and the City of Hamilton.
The Anthropocene – Age of Man – is the slice of Earth’s history during which people and human activities started to have a significant global impact on Earth’s ecosystems.
This year's conference will explore issues such as air quality, climate change, health and planning, and showcase innovative actions to address these issues at a local and regional level.
Date: Monday, February 22, 2016
Time: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Place: Sheraton Hotel**
116 King St West
Registration includes breakfast, refreshments at breaks and lunch.
In collaboration with:
Presentations will consider who we are in the age of a changing climate: the impact of our actions and where we're headed. It will include topics such as:
- climate change and Earth’s ecosystems
- air quality
- airshed modelling of cities
- public health
- outcomes from innovative and citizen focussed forms of local air monitoring
- local, sustainable forms of transportation.
Concurrent Afternoon Sessions:
Choose from 2 plenary streams:
- Local actions and innovation
- improving air quality management in Hamilton
- sustainable mobility programs in Hamilton
- modelling for airshed management
- economic impacts of local climate actions.
- Innovative actions to address these issues at a local and regional level
- Health impacts of climate change
- Regional and local economic impacts of climate action.
Who Should attend:
- Health Practitioners
- Sustainability Professionals
- Students; university, college, high school
- Community groups
- Non-Governmental Agencies
The agenda can be found online at: http://www.cleanair.hamilton.ca/default.asp?id=42
PLEASE REGISTER BY FEBRUARY 18, 2016 TO ENSURE CONFIRMATION OF ATTENDANCE.
** Host Hotel: Rooms are available at The Sheraton Hotel and can be reserved by calling 1-800-514-7101 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Mention that you are attending the Upwind Downwind conference.
Carbon offsets for the venue generously provided by
Questions? Contact email@example.com.