Actions and Detail Panel
Using LinkedIn for Professional Growth
Tue, 2 May 2017, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM PDT
Using LinkedIn for Professional Growth:
A Business Mixer & Workshop with Microsoft & VanWIT
Attendees also have a chance to get a professional profile photo taken by our on-site photographer and demo the latest VR technology!
Vancouver Women in Technology (VanWIT) is partnering with The Microsoft Store at Pacific Centre to deliver an interactive and engaging event that's all about building your professional network and career growth. The evening features a 45-minute workshop on LinkedIn, focusing on how professionals can use this social network at any stage of their career, as well as exciting, on-site activities.
In this workshop on LinkedIn you will:
- learn to create a compelling profile of your capabilities and accomplishments and grow your business’s professional network
- explore best practices for utilizing LinkedIn for career growth, and professional development opportunities,
- examine your potential and how to raise your professional profile
- be introduced to Lynda.com as a professional learning resource.
We are also excited to share several other on-site activities that will be available! You can:
- get a complimentary, professional headshot for your LinkedIn profile,
- try the latest VR technology from Microsoft, and
- build new connections during our networking portion of the night.
- 6:00pm: Doors Open
- 6:00pm - 7:00pm: Networking, VR Demos, Profile Photo Sessions
- 7:00pm - 7:45pm: LinkedIn Workshop
- 7:45pm - 8:00pm: Wrap up
Your ticket price includes light refreshments, workshop, and the on-site activities (VR Demos and professional-grade photo sessions).
Join VanWIT and the Microsoft Store on May 2! We look forward to meeting you there.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Questions or comments can be sent to email@example.com
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Your ticket will be required for access to the event, please bring a printed copy or retrieve your ticket on a mobile device.
The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
Yes, as long as you provide a ticket, you are welcome to join.
I would like to get involved with VanWIT as a volunteer/mentor/contributor. Where do I start?
If you’d like to help, please visit our website at http://vanwit.ca.
Do I have to be a woman to attend?
VanWIT welcomes and is inclusive of people of all genders who are interested in supporting women in technology.
I'm a student, can I benefit from VanWIT?
Yes, VanWIT offers a great place for students to gain networking experience to help launch a new careers. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about our student rates.