Actions and Detail Panel
UTDRO Research Day
Fri, 21 April 2017, 12:00 PM – 8:00 PM EDT
We are excited to showcase and celebrate some of the great research happening across UT DRO through the submitted abstracts, oral presentations, and posters for Research Day. We encourage all of our trainees to submit their abstracts for an opportunity to present their work. Faculty members please encourage your team to submit their work and distribute this communication as necessary – any trainee supervised by a UT DRO faculty member is eligible to participate.
Oral Presentation Guidelines
- Oral presentations will be 8 minutes + 2 minutes discussion
- Oral presentations should be done in Microsoft Powerpoint. They will be uploaded during the breaks.
- All presentations should display the UT DRO logo
Poster Presentation Guidelines
- Posters need not be expensive, but should be clear, legible from a 1 meter distance and fit onto a 4 foot by 4 foot poster board
- A supply of Velcro dots will be available in the poster area for mounting your poster.
- We will be holding a poster discussion session – you will be notified a few days before the meeting if your poster will be discussed, and you will be asked to provide 3 summary slides for the discussant.
Instructions for submission
- Abstracts will be submitted on-line (link will be posted when available)
- Abstracts must be submitted by the deadline (to be announced)
- Any trainee who has a UT DRO Faculty member as a supervisor is eligible to present at Research Day
- All clinical, translational and basic science work will be considered
- One first-author submission per trainee
- Maximum 450 word limit
- Format will be: purpose; methods; results; conclusions as per the on-line submission tool
- Abstracts with “results to be presented” will not be considered, although submitted results may be updated at the meeting presentation.