San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
UX-PM Certification - Level 1: Adopting UX
Demystify UX - Get informed, trained and certified!
Understanding the fundamentals of User Experience is a critical first step, regardless of your background or objective. The UX-PM Certification is an international User Experience (UX) training program certified by UXalliance, for digital product, marketing and project managers.
There are 3 levels:
- Adopting UX
- Executing UX
- and Leading UX.
- How to ensure UX is considered in a project?
- How to include UX tools?
- How to cultivate a user centered design culture?
UX-PM level 1, is for digital product owners, marketing and project managers, anyone leading projects, who want to understand the fundamentals of UX and adopt UX methodologies in their projects, as well as encourage a user-centered design culture in their organisations.
- Understand UX concepts, methods, misconceptions and challenges.
- Understand the benefits of a UX approach.
- Be familiar with UX tools and methods.
- Learn methods to integrate user experience into your digital Agile and waterfall projects.
- Become a UX ambassador in your organization.
- IT or in digital IT and digital managers including product owners, account managers, product managers, project managers, marketing managers. Its for those who want to better understand UX and/or how to integrate UX activities into their projects. No prerequisite apart from a curiosity for the subject.
- Principles and benefits of integrating UX activities into product development.
- Common challenges of integrating UX activities into a development process and the cost of UX.
- Difference between usability and user experience and how they are related. UX as a service ecosystem and across multiple channels.
- Perspectives on some cognitive mechanisms related to decision making, UX as an emotional response that influences users’ behaviour.
- UX methodology and exploration of key activities for developing a strategy and a vision based on collaboration and empathy. Overview of methods involving users and what kind of valuable insights can be collected. Roll out of key UX design at all phases of the development cycle (from UX strategy to interaction design).
- UX as a communication tool and how to promote the value UX within an organization.
- Immersion and practical application: review of various case studies, discussion and role-playing to sharpen your UX and usability skills. Combination of theory and problem-solving exercises.
- 2 full-day sessions with a one-hour lunch break (9:00-16:30).
- Pay using Paypal or by invoice. By invoice, we will send you the details within 5 business days. Invoice must be paid in full within 4 business days prior to event start date. If invoice is not paid per these terms, registration will be subject to cancelation.
Have questions about the payment, contact firstname.lastname@example.org at Yu Centrik.
- There is a certification exam at the end of the second day of training. The exam is comprised of an online multiple choice test, followed by a one-on-one interview with the instructor.
- Annemarie Lesage leads Yu Centrik's team of user researchers, UX strategists and UX designers, while integrating collaborative design to ideation and innovation process . She holds a PhD from the School of Industrial Design in Montreal, and has focused her research on the emotional dimensions of the user experience. Annemarie joined Sapient's user experience modelling group - XMod in 2000 in New York. Since 2003, she has taught various classes at Laval U. (co-teaching design research in 2005), Concordia, UQAM and the University of Montreal (experience design, since 2010). She is an extraordinary teacher, fully bilingual and very much connected to the business world.
- Natalie Jhaveri brings thirteeen years of experience practicing user-centered design, seven of which were in software companies and six years in mobile solutions. Having worked in large companies such as Nokia, she understands well how to integrate the design of digital projects, the needs of clients, business objectives, and technological constraints. Natalie values lean, Agile UX methods and collaborative design. She designed and developed her first HTML pages in 1996 for Nortel's intranet. Since then she has been fascinated with people and technology, and the integration of human factors into product and service design. She spent 5 years in Finland and was very much immersed into Nokia’s culture. Natalie has an M.Sc. in Interactive Technology (HCI unit - University of Tampere, Finland) and a B.Sc. in Computer Science (University of Ottawa).
- Yu Centrik reserves the right to cancel a course up to 5 business days prior to the scheduled course date if the minimum class size of 4 participants has not been attained.
- Yu Centrik is not responsible for travel, accommodation, or any other expenses incurred as a result of a cancellation.
- If a cancellation occurs more than 4 weeks prior to the scheduled course date, an 85% refund will be provided. If a cancellation occurs 3 to 4 weeks prior to the scheduled course date, a 50% refund will be provided. No refunds are provided when cancellation occurs within 1 week of the scheduled course date.
- All UXalliance course materials are copyrighted and owned exclusively by UXalliance. The Canadian UX-PM certification is currently available in: Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City & Toronto. Outside of Canada, the certification is offered in Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Finland, France, India, Italy, Mexico, Poland, United-States, South Africa, and Switzerland, with more countries coming.