Actions and Detail Panel
UX Certification level 2 - Ottawa
Mon, 16 Oct 2017, 9:00 AM – Tue, 17 Oct 2017, 4:30 PM EDT
Do you need to know how to manage UX activities in a digital product? How to meet business objectives and market demands through user centred design?
UX-PM 2 certification is for digital product owners, marketing, and project managers, who want to establish a deeper understanding of UX activities and how to incorporate them from the project management and execution perspective, in order to improve the quality of the deliverable/product/service.
- Understand how to incorporate principles of user-centered design in the project lifecycle to optimize the quality and effectiveness of a product or service
- Learn to plan, coordinate and implement UX activities at each project phase: from initial vision to implementation
- Learn how to introduce collaboration to the research and design process
- Exercise the progress from defining vision to planning the design process
UX-PM 2 certification is best suited for UX-PM Level 1 certified practitioner or IT decision-makers including product owners, account managers, project managers, digital marketing managers, with 2 to 4 years of experience managing a technology-based product or service.
In this course, we will cover:
- The user-centered design lifecycle to your digital product development process
- The relation between UCD and Service Design
- Quick methods of moving from business objectives and vision definition to a UX strategy (value proposition and more)
- Examples of qualitative and quantitative research techniques to discover user needs (including ethnography and remote studies)
- Creating design requirements based on UX strategy and research (user story mapping and more)
- Planning the UX design process for an omnichannel experience and mapping it into a blueprint
- Evaluating and testing design solutions, locally and internationally
- Suggestions on proceeding to the implementation phase - collaboration between the UX team and development team
- Immersion and practical application: the training includes a progressing case study with discussion and role-playing to sharpen your skills in managing UX activities
There is a UX-PM 2 certification exam at the end of the second day of training. The exam is comprised of an online multiple choice test, followed by a one-on-one interview with the instructor.
Annemarie Lesage leads Yu Centrik's team of user researchers, UX strategists and UX designers, while also integrating collaborative design into the ideation and innovation processes. She holds a PhD in Industrial Design (Université de Montréal), and has focused her research on the emotional dimensions of user experiences.
Annemarie joined Sapient's user experience modelling group - XModin 2000, in New York. Since 2003, she has taught various courses at Université Laval (co-teaching design research in 2005), Concordia, UQAM and Université de Montréal (experience design, since 2010).
She is an extraordinary teacher, fully bilingual and very much connected to the business world.
Duration and fees
2 full-day sessions
Regular fee $1950 + taxes -
Group discount (3+) $1560 + taxes
The Canadian UX-PM certification is currently available in: Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City & Toronto. Outside of Canada, the certification is offered in United-States, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Finland, France, India, Mexico, Poland, South Africa, and Switzerland, with more countries coming.
Chloe D., Digital Project Lead: I discovered a different aspect of this training UX and made me want to continue to learn on this subject.
Cancellation & copyright
Yu Centrik, the UX agency reserves the right to cancel a course up to 5 business days prior to the scheduled course date if the minimum class size of 4 participants has not been attained.
Yu Centrik is not responsible for travel, accommodation, or any other expenses incurred as a result of a cancellation.
If a cancellation occurs more than 4 weeks prior to the scheduled course date, an 85% refund will be provided. If a cancellation occurs 3 to 4 weeks prior to the scheduled course date, a 50% refund will be provided. No refunds are provided when cancellation occurs within 1 week of the scheduled course date.
All UXalliance course materials are copyrighted and owned exclusively by UXalliance.