Actions and Detail Panel
Valery Lloyd-Watts, Piano - A Fundraising Concert for Refugee Resettlement
Fri, 15 April 2016, 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM EDT
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
Ms Lloyd-Watts, an internationally acclaimed pianist and one of the world’s most influential music educators, will introduce and perform masterpieces from the classical piano repertoire. Her unique way of relating to audiences makes music come alive even for first-time listeners!
This pay-what-you-can concert is a fundraiser to help us resettle a refugee family in Toronto.
We are also very pleased to announce that The Right Honourable Adrienne Clarkson, 28th Governor-General of Canada will introduce the concert with her own reflections on why projects like ours are so important.
What about Dinner and a Concert?
Glad you asked! Three marvellous local restaurants have offered concertgoers a 15% discount on the night of the concert. Reservations are highly recommended, as they are extremely popular, and almost always busy!
- Campagnolo (832 Dundas Street West). Chef Craig Harding and his team create some of the most elegant Italian cuisine this side of the Atlantic. From a Spaghetti All'Amatriciana that will make you swoon, to beautifully braised veal or roasted game, Campagnolo never disappoints. The wine list, which \
- The Harbord Room (89 Harbord Street). This popular, intimate neighbourhood spot is well-known for chef Cory Vitiello's casual-yet-elegant contemporary/eclectic fare, featuring the freshest ingredients, creatively prepared and presented. The bar serves up some of the best cocktails in the city, and the wine list has choices to suit anyone's taste. The Harbord Room stays open later on Friday and Saturday nights - ideal for a post-concert bite and drink!
- FLOCK (97 Harbord Street) Handcrafted by The Harbord Room's Cory Vitiello, FLOCK is delicious food that's pretty good for you. Whether you're looking for a speedy take-out option, or a casual dine-in spot, FLOCK is a quality, healthy, and easy choice because it offers fresh ingredients, customizable options, and is a one-stop rotisserie and greens spot for one or the whole family. Oh, and our chickens? They're naturally raised without hormones or antibiotics. So, there.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Street parking is available, but limited around the concert venue. The closest Green P lot is located at 157 Beatrice Street, a 10 minute walk away. Several TTC routes run nearby the church:
- The 94 Wellesley bus route has a stop at Harbord and Manning, a 3-minute walk
- The 511 Bathurst streetcar route stops at Bathurst and Ulster, a 5 minute walk
- The 506 College streetcar stops on College and Euclid, and College and Clinton, both about a 6 minute walk
- THe church is a 10 minute walk from both Bathurst and Christie stations, on Line 2 (Bloor-Danforth) of the subway.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.