Veterinary Wellness Workshop & Retreat - Fairmont Banff Springs
It's time for you to learn the tools necessary for self-care and reslience - because you're ready to live a healthier and well-balanced life that is free from compassion fatigue and burnout!
Veterinarians, technicians, and other veterinary care providers are invited to attend the Veterinary Wellness Workshop & Retreat, which will take place at the breathtakingly picturesque Fairmont Banff Springs located in Banff National Park, approximately a 1.5-hour drive west of Calgary, Alberta. This luxury mountain hotel has several amenities including an award winning European-style Willow Stream Spa, exceptional local dining experiences, beautiful guest rooms, and walking distance to the world-famous alpine town of Banff. More information can be found at: http://www.fairmont.com/banff-springs/.
The benefits of this small group (maximum 12 people) experience are numerous and include a series of lectures on topics related to veterinary wellness including burnout and compassion fatigue, as well as the opportunity to practice self-care tools to mitigate these issues. A complete itinerary for the weekend can be found here.
You will come away from this weekend feeling relaxed, refreshed, and armed with the information and skills needed to foster resilience and enhance wellness in your every day life.
The registration fee for this Workshop & Retreat includes:
• 8 hours of CE-approved lectures on topics related to veterinary wellness (mental health, burnout, and compassion fatigue, as well as self-care tools such as mindfulness, sleep hygiene, and setting boundaries)
• 5 gourmet meals tailored to food intolerances/allergies (1 dinner, 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches)
• 4 yoga sessions (for all levels)
• 1 mindful forest walk (with certified guide)
• 1 USB flash drive or notes package (containing lecture information)
• 1 journal (to record reflections and take notes throughout the weekend)
• 1 parting gift (to serve as a daily reminder of this experience)
Please note that all prices are in Canadian dollars ($1 US Dollar ~ $1.3 CAN dollar). The registration fee does not include accommodations, which are booked separately and begin at a reduced rate of $249/night (plus applicable taxes and fees). Once you register, a group booking code will be emailed to you, so that you can book at the reduced rate.
If you have questions or would like additional information, please visit www.criticalcarevet.ca/wellness or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation Policy: A refund minus a $100 processing fee will be honored until registration closes on March 7, 2016. After that date, a refund (minus $100) will only be granted if the space can be filled by another attendee.