Actions and Detail Panel
VO Workshop: Crisis Communications
Thu, 16 November 2017, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM EST
A staff member accused of theft, facility-wide food poisoning, the death of a client, or a flu outbreak. Every organization is vulnerable to a reputational crisis. More so when you support vulnerable people. It’s in the news every day.
When crisis occurs, people want information. Unless you are the immediate, ongoing, and honest source of information about the situation, then the information void will be filled with rumours. This will only make things worse.
This workshop will help you plan for a crisis and put in place the steps to follow. You will learn:
- The difference between a crisis and an irritant.
- Which information is (or will become) public.
- Principles of crisis communication.
- Example, and more examples!
Who should attend:
- Communication managers
- Program managers
- Senior leadership
- Anyone on the front lines who deals with the public.