Actions and Detail Panel
VO Workshop: Project Management for Non-Profit Organizations: course and co...
Tue, 17 October 2017, 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM EDT
Volunteer Ottawa is partnering with the organization NPO PM Training.org to offer this one-of-a-kind opportunity for non-profit organizations: a Project Management skills workshop, followed by one-on-one support coaching by a certified Project Manager. Are you struggling with how to deliver projects and making the best of donor dollars? Do you know where to even start? Can you articulate your real success criteria?
This program will provide you with high-quality, immediately applicable, Project Management skills specifically for non-profits. Program registration entitles you to the following:
- A condensed course in project management, taught by certified Project Management Professionals (PMPs)
- one-on-one Coaching on your project for up to 20 hours over 3-4 months (longer by special arrangement).
- membership in an online community to share experiences and receive answers to your questions and a set of simple, practical tools to use in your daily work
Understand the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK), which divides Project Management skills into
- Project Initiation,
- Process Planning,
- Work Breakdown Structure,
- Project Execution and Control, and
- Project Closing.
Use the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) to
- Plan and Execute more consistently
- Utilize your resources efficiently and effectively
- Achieve better project outcomes
Who should attend?
Anyone working in a Non-Profit Organization who wants or needs to apply a practical Project Management methodology to their projects will benefit from this training. This may include (but is not limited to): Field Workers, Program Managers and Senior Managers. Senior management are encouraged to attend alongside their Project Managers.
Volunteer Ottawa, 363 Coventry Road
Post-workshop coaching will happen at your office
Four Tuesday evenings:
- October 17, 2017
- October 24, 2017
- October 31, 2017
- November 7, 2017
- Contingency date: November 14, 2017
- four, three-hour classes,
- dinner each evening, and
- 20 hours of one-on-one coaching at your workplace or via phone spread over three months after the workshop