Actions and Detail Panel
VO workshop: Steps to Sponsorship Sales Success
Wed, 27 September 2017, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM EDT
Are you tired of sending out proposal after proposal and hearing nothing back? Are you looking for a simple, systematic approach to selling sponsorship that actually works? Then this session is for you! This 2 hour session focuses on the five stages of sponsorship sales based on years of experience and millions of dollars in sponsorship sales. Whether you are a volunteer, small shop, big shop or an ED with fundraising responsibilities, the sponsorship process is the same.
During this workshop, you will learn to:
- Be clear about what target audience you bring to a potential sponsor (and how you can show this with data and information);
- Identify opportunities that you have to offer to a sponsor;
- Prospect a SOLID prospect list for sponsors (and how to get your board involved in the process for maximum success);
- Secure that all-important first meeting with a potential sponsor (and why bringing your pre-made proposal is a no-no);
- Ask open-ended questions to understand a sponsor’s key motivations and answers to important questions like “what level of sponsorship are they interested in” and “when do they make their marketing budget decisions.”
- run great sponsorship meeting, step by step
You will come away with tried and true details about sponsorship agreements that will make sure you get paid, and that sponsors renew for next year.