This summer, WestGrid is launching its first Research Computing Summer School series. Its inaugural sessions will be held at the University of British Columbia and the courses will explore introductory and expert topics in:
- Using high performance computing
- Cloud computing
- Parallel & distributed computing
- Hybrid programming
- GPU programming
- Gaussian and GaussView
- Scientific visualization
- Physics and astrophysics modeling
- Using Spark and Hadoop
- Restful APIs
- Object storage
- Jupyter notebooks
More detailed course descriptions can be found here.
When registering, please indicate which courses you are interested in attending. This will help us gauge interest and prepare the room setups, catering, etc.
Date / Time / Location:
June 19 - 22, 2017
9:00 am - 4:00 pm (each day)
University of British Columbia
Pharmaceutical Sciences Building
Room 1201 & Room 3208
Who Should Participate:
- Researchers and individuals interested in building their knowledge and skills of tools and techniques used for computational research.
- All research disciplines and skill levels are welcome to register. Intermediate and expert courses will require some pre-requisite knowledge. Check the course descriptions for more details.
- Any course listed as "beginner level" does not require any pre-requisite skills or knowledge.
- Courses listed as "intermediate level" or "expert level" may require base level knowledge or programming skills. Check the course descriptions for more details.
- All participants must have a Compute Canada account. To register for an account, click here.
- We strongly encourage all participants to obtain an Eduroam account through their institution. This will provide you with a reliable wifi network connection while on the UBC campus. To get an Eduroam account, click here. If you have any issues or questions, contact your local IT Department.
Participants only need to register and pay once to attend as many or as few courses as they would like.
- Researcher @ WestGrid Member Institution*: $35
- Researcher @ Non-Member Institution: $45
- Public / Industry / Non-Academic: $55
*WestGrid Member Institutions include the University of British Columbia, Simon Fraser University, University of Victoria, University of Alberta, University of Calgary, University of Saskatchewan, and University of Manitoba.
If you have questions or would like more information on the WestGrid Summer School, please contact Alex Razoumov - firstname.lastname@example.org.