Actions and Detail Panel
What to Drink with What you Eat? : Rye, Whisky & Scotch
Fri, 16 June 2017, 6:30 PM – 9:30 PM
Join sommelier Christie Pollard for an evening of whisky; the world’s most cherished spirit. For the most part, it is enjoyed ‘neat’ or ‘on the rocks’, without even a thought of what food might go along with it. However, the pairing possibilities of whisky and food are intriguing and when matched properly can be fabulous. Thanks to the global craft distilling revolution, we live in an age when there are just about as many styles, flavours and variations of whisky as there are wine.
On tonight’s menu:
- Smoked rainbow trout salad with Irish whiskey
- Bacon okonomiyaki savoury pancake with Japanese whisky
- Grilled flank steak with smoky corn tomato salsa and bourbon
- Strawberry rye tarts with Canadian whisky
- Millionaire bars with scotch
You will also take home a Glencairn crystal tasting glass.
Must be 19 years of age or older to participate.