What’s the Deal? SIB Investor Insights
Thursday, June 12, 2014 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (EDT)
Please join us on June 12, 2014 at 10 a.m (EDT) for “What’s the Deal?”, our first SIB Investor Insights webinar as we welcome speakers:
- Gianni Ciufo, Partner and National Leader, Infrastructure Advisory, Project Finance, Social Finance at Deloitte
- Andrew Levitt, Investment Director, Bridges Ventures
- Mila Lukic, Associate, Bridges Ventures
- Moderated by Samer Abughannam, Senior Associate, MaRS Centre for Impact Investing
The marketplace for social impact bonds (SIBs) is continuing to develop, as SIBs become recognized as instruments that can innovatively bring together investors, social-service providers and governments. Service providers are making progress in advancing their SIB business cases for their most promising interventions.
Governments are taking steps in the procurement process for outcome contracts, exemplified by the Ontario Ministry of Economic Development, Trade and Employment’s recent call for SIB concepts and proposals. Most recently and very promisingly, the Government of Saskatchewan launched Canada’s first SIB in partnership with Conexus Credit Union and EGADZ Youth Centre.
With this flurry of recent activity as a backdrop, the MaRS Centre for Impact Investing is pleased to open up extensive engagement with investors on SIBs, in “What’s the Deal?”, our first SIB Investor Insights webinar.
Note: You may also access audio via your phone as well but please note, the conference line can accommodate up to 80 phone-in participants. If you are connecting via your phone, please call in at 9:55 a.m. (EDT). If the phone line is full when you call-in, audio will be available via your computer. Should you have technical difficulties during the webinar, please email Jared Walker, Communications Associate (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance.
This webinar will:
- Introduce new investors to the conversation and provide an update on where the market is today.
- Summarize the findings of “Social Impact Bonds in Canada: Investor insights”, our recently released report in which MaRS Centre for Impact Investing and Deloitte collected viewpoints towards SIBs from a broad group of Canadian investors.
- Include sharing of experiences and best practices from SIB pioneer Bridges Ventures. Bridges has made investments in six SIBs in the UK, manages a SIB-dedicated fund, and has $600 million in total impact assets under management.
For more information, please contact Samer Abughannam on email@example.com
MaRS Discovery District
MaRS Discovery District (@MaRSDD) in Toronto is one of the world’s largest urban innovation hubs. MaRS supports promising young ventures that are tackling key challenges in the health, cleantech, finance & commerce, as well as work & learning sectors. In addition to helping startups launch, grow and scale, the MaRS community is dedicated to cross-disciplinary collaboration, commercialization of discoveries and driving ideas to impact.