Winter 2017 Orientation - New College
Wednesday, 4 January 2017 from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM (EST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Winter 2017 Orientation for Students in Commerce (formerly Administrative Studies), Disaster & Emergency Management, Human Resources Management & Information Technology
9:30am - Check In
- Learn more about York University, your program, and your college (resources, services, how to apply for free money and work/study jobs on campus)
- Be introduced to your Peer Mentor (an upper-year student in your program) to help ease your transition into university by answering your questions.
- Learn how to get involved (student clubs and organizations, upcoming events).
- Meet new friends and make connections with faculty and staff.
- Receive a complimentary lunch, a USB key (with all the presentations of the day) and a chance to win prizes
1 - 3pm. Vari Hall - Students will have a chance to connect directly to key campus partners who provide centralized services such as financial information, learning resources, security, transportation agencies, athletics, health and wellness resources to name a few. In addition, students will also have the opportunity to take optional campus tours to help them find their classes and become familiar with key areas that will be critical to their success in that first week.