San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
P R E S E N T S :
Women's Mental Health:
Innovative Approaches to Reducing Stigma
Friday, May 12th, 2017
Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. | Event runs from 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Women's College Hospital Auditorium and Pink Cube, 2nd Floor
76 Grenville Street, Toronto, Ontario
Join us for a dynamic event featuring presentations and panel discussions by leading experts in mental health research and community-based mental health initiatives.
- Dr. Amanda Maranzan (Dept. of Psychology, Lakehead University)
- Dr. Suzanne Stewart (Waakebiness-Bryce Institute for Indigenous Health; Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto)
- Dr. Simone Vigod (Women's College Hospital; Women's College Research Institute; Dept. of Psychiatry and Institute of Health Policy, Management & Evaluation, University of Toronto; Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences)
- Dr. Catharine Munn (Dept. of Psychiatry & Behavioural Neurosciences, McMaster University)
- Stacy-Ann Buchanan (Stacy-Ann Buchanan Productions; The Blind Stigma)
- Meghan Yuri Young & Vasiliki Marapas (The Sad Collective)
- video presentations of projects funded by our $15K Challenge, which provides $15,000 or more to community organizations conducting research on women’s health
- poster and oral presentations from graduate students across Ontario who are conducting research on women’s health
- networking opportunity following lunch
Refreshments and lunch will be served.
Admission is free but seating is limited. Registration is required.
Save This Event
When & Where
Women's College Hospital
For more than 100 years Women's College Hospital (WCH) has been developing revolutionary advances in healthcare. Today, WCH is a world leader in the health of women and Canada's leading, academic ambulatory hospital. A champion of equitable access, WCH advocates for the health of all women from diverse cultures and backgrounds and ensures their needs are reflected in the care they receive. It focuses on delivering innovative solutions that address Canada's most pressing issues related to population health, patient experience and system costs.
Women’s College Research Institute (WCRI) is tackling some of the greatest health challenges of our time. Its scientists are conducting global research that advances the health of women and improves healthcare options for all, and are then translating those discoveries to provide much-needed improvements in healthcare worldwide.
For more information about how WCH and WCRI are transforming patient care, visit www.womenscollegehospital.ca and www.womensresearch.ca.