You've dreamed of running your Fastest 5km—now is your time to crush it.
lululemon Cumberland and Lindsay Scott of The Runner's Academy have collaborated to bring you an 8 week training series designed to provide beginner and experienced runners the tools to run their fastest 5km race, ever. Throughout this series you will be equipped with professional knowledge surrounding everything from running mechanics, to recovery, to nutrition.
Join us on Wednesdays from February 1st to March 22nd, at 6pm at Yorkville Village. Meet in the Oval, which you'll step directly in through the entrance off Yorkville Avenue. Each week will include education based on the weekly theme, followed by a workout/run. We’ll end each week with something different —from food to gait analysis to yoga and meditation.
Week 1 - Goals and Assessment
Week 2 - Running Mechanics: Speed
Week 3 - Recovery: Your Secret to Success
- Pre & Post run food samples prepared by Miele Chef Michelle Pollack
Week 4 - Running Mechanics: Power
Week 5 - Back End Mechanics
- Post Run - Yoga for Runners with Kate Evans at Sweat Shoppe
Week 6 - Running Mechanics: Drive
- Post Run - Roll Out with Christie Preston at Sweat Shoppe
Week 7 - Putting it together
- Post Run - Gait Assessments with Lindsay Scott at Sweat Shoppe
Week 8 - Race Ready
- Post Run - Mindful Performance + Meditation with Dhani Oks of UN//TY
We hope you're along for the whole ride, but feel free to drop in any week and bring a friend. RSVP to recieve weekly event updates and communications. Bag drop available on site at Guest Services.