Actions and Detail Panel
Your Social Media Roadmap
Fri, 20 January 2017, 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM MST
Creating Your Social Media Roadmap
Course Specifications –
Part Number: MKP004
Course Length: 1 day
Course Description –
When people think of social media, they often jump right into thinking about the tools, such as Facebook, Twitter and blogs. To be truly effective and efficient with your resources, you need a plan or roadmap to guide you through making the best decisions for you and your organization.
Target Student: Business owner or marketing manager that needs a strategic plan to integrate social media into their marketing plan.
Delivery Method: This hands-on class will give you the information and worksheets to complete your social media plan and create action items for moving forward after completion of the course.
Course Objectives –
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Determine their target audience and goals for their social media strategy.
- Understand the importance of listening to online conversations
- Know the different social media tools available to them.
- Learn how to generate content ideas and manage their time.
- Promote their new social media efforts.
- Measure their new social media efforts for their effectiveness.
Course Content –
Lesson 1: Planning
- Topic 1A: Marketing Basics
- Topic 1B: Marketing Then and Now
- Topic 1C: Where Are You Now?
- Topic 1D: Choosing a Target Audience
- Topic 1E: Setting Goals
Lesson 2: Listening and Responding
- Topic 2A: Why Listen?
- Topic 2B: Selecting Keywords
- Topic 2C: Monitoring Tools
- Topic 2D: What to Monitor
- Topic 2E: Responding to Comments
Lesson 3: Building Your Social Media Toolbox
- Topic 3A: Blogs
- Topic 3B: Social Networks
- Topic 3C: Microblogging
- Topic 3D: Branded Social Networks
- Topic 3E: Widgets/Badges
- Topic 3F: Idea Sharing
- Topic 3G: Social Media Newsroom
- Topic 3H: Location-based
- Topic 3I: Choosing Your Tools
- Topic 3J: Blog Considerations
- Topic 3K: Spoke Considerations
Lesson 4: Content Creation and Time Management
- Topic 4A: Sources of Content
- Topic 4B: Editorial Calendar
- Topic 4C: Routines
- Topic 4D: Etiquette
Lesson 5: Promotion
- Topic 5A: Online Promotion
- Topic 5B: Offline Promotion
Lesson 6: Measurement
- Topic 6A: What to Measure
- Topic 6B: Benchmark
- Topic 6C: Moving Forward