Youth Pheasant Hunt at Hullett - November 19, 2016 (rain day Nov. 20, 2016)
The Youth Peasant Hunt Committee - Perth Huron will be hosting a youth pheasant hunt for apprentice hunters on Saturday November 19, 2016 at the Hullett Marsh (rain date is November 20, 2016). This Event is modeled after the Youth Hunting Day events developed and promoted through the Ontario Stewardship Youth Hunting Day Planning Tool kit: http://youthhunting.webnode.com
Over the last 9 years some 20+ events have successfully been hosted by local Youth Hunt Steering Committees and supported by a wide variety of local and provincial organizations. The premise of these hunts is to provide a safe, structured, educational hunting opportunity for Apprentice Hunters and their Mentors.
At the Hullett Youth Pheasant Hunt there will be:
· In total 30 apprentice hunters, with mentors, participating in the event.
· The day will be split up into 2 sessions, a morning and afternoon session.
· The morning session will run from 7:30am until 1:00pm. The afternoon session from 11:00am until 3:30pm. Fifteen
apprentice hunters will participate in each session.
· A complimentary lunch and educational demonstration (to be announced) will be provided to attendees. All hunters
and mentors participating in the event are invited to the meal and demonstration.
Participating Apprentice Hunters selected to participate in this hunt receive;
· Trap shoot and range safety at the Tavistock Rod and Gun Club or Gadshill Sportsmen’s Club, prior to the event
· Orientation to the day,
· A presentation from a Conservation Officer,
· A firearm safety refresher,
· Trap shoot on the day of the event,
· A high quality pheasant hunt with expertly trained dogs,
· proper field dressing, transporting and cooking tutorials, a lunch and dog demonstration