YouthCan IMPACT: A service pathway for youth with mental health and addiction challenges
This webinar will introduce participants to YouthCan IMPACT, a project started in Toronto to set up Integrated Collaborative Care Teams (ICCTs) that provide youth with rapid access to mental health and addiction services right in their communities. The webinar will also introduce the innovative research project is being conducted to evaluate the effectiveness of these teams.
Webinar participants will learn:
- How the YouthCan IMPACT initiative uses a systems-wide approach to make mental health care more accessible and effective for youth experiencing moderate to severe mental health challenges.
- The role of community-based mental health assessment sites and how they worked with academic hospitals to develop the model.
- How youth and family members were engaged in the project to ensure their needs were met.
- Kristin Cleverley, Clinician-Scientist, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- David O'Brien, Project Manager, East Metro Youth Services
- Jackie Relihan, Youth Team Member
- Lynn Courey, Family Member, Sashbear Foundation
Who is this webinar for?
Youth with lived experience and their families, clinicians, service providers, system planners, decision-makers, and researchers.