Actions and Detail Panel
YSC Charity Golf Classic
Mon, 5 June 2017, 11:30 AM – 9:30 PM MDT
Join us for a beautiful day of golf, games, and prizes at one of Calgary's premiere courses in support of the Youth Singers of Calgary!
Here’s a look at the day:
11:30 A sumptuous lunch guaranteed to give power to your strokes
1:15 Shot gun start! Don’t be late!
7:00 Dinner on the table!
9:30 Amazing day completed and on your way home.
There are a lot of fun contests being played on the course and you don’t want to miss out! Bring a few extra toonies for the games. (Note: purchases within the clubhouse can be made with credit or debit – this includes the Silent Auction Items)
- What does my registration fee cover? Your $250-per-golfer fee covers lunch, green fees, cart rental, use of the driving range, dinner, and one of the best golf experiences of the season! Additionally, if you register and pay as a team, you'll save 3 ticket service fees.
- Where is this year’s Golf Classic? This year’s event is being held at Pinebrook Golf and Country Club, one of Calgary’s premier private golf courses.
- Why is this called a “Golf Classic” and not a “Golf Tournament”? The primary purpose of this event is to have fun and to raise funds for Youth Singers of Calgary. YSC, a registered non-profit organization, is a performing arts company offering comprehensive, award-winning music education programs for more than 450 performers. Our vision is to create a better community by providing all young people the opportunity to grow and express themselves through the performing arts. YSC is very dependent upon donations in order to continue providing the quality and variety of opportunities to Calgary’s youth.
- What is a “Florida Scramble”? This is a variation of a Texas Scramble (four-man best-ball) meaning everyone tees off on each hole, and from this point on, the team always hits from where the team’s ‘best ball’ landed, meaning everyone on the team picks up their ball and advances it to the location of their best ball. Everyone on the team then proceeds to hit from here, except for the person who’s shot was the best ball from the previous shot. For the third shot the team then hits from the new best ball location, and so on until the team finishes the hole. There is no requirement for the team to use a minimum number of tee-shots from each member of the team.
- Can anyone register for golf? Yes, anyone aged 18+ can register for the event, regardless of skill level.
- What if I don’t have golf clubs? Rental clubs are available from the Pro-shop, at your expense. It is best to advise us if you require rental clubs, when you submit your golf registration.
- Do I need to take the entire day off work? No, the event kicks off with lunch and registration from 11:30am to 1:00pm, providing flexibility to anyone needing to spend the morning at work.
- Are there any skills competitions or prizes for best scores? Yes, of course, there will be a number of skills competitions throughout the course (ie. longest drives, longest putts, shortest drives, closest to the pin, holes in one!, etc) as well as some prizes for the teams with the best final scores.
- Is lunch included? Yes, lunch will be provided to all participants.
- Will there be refreshments available on the course? Yes, Pinebrook will make food and refreshments available on the course in a number of locations (cash-bar).
- How can I pay for my silent auction purchases? There will be a number of amazing items available for purchase at our Silent Auction, and for your convenience, we are happy to advise that you can pay for your auction purchases with cash, cheque, debit or credit cards.