SKETCH creates opportunities for street involved and homeless people ages 15-29 to engage in the arts in a cross-discipline studio environment or in the community.
Sketch programs provide access to youth who are at different places in their lives. It offers a progressive learning framework that can lead to long-term sustainable change. Or you can just stop in for a day. Youth choose their entry, their tools and determine the process. True to Community Arts practice, the process is as important as (sometimes more important than) the product. It is a framework that can be transported to any place.
SKETCH OFFERINGS INCLUDE:
• space for self-expression and skill-building through self-directed time in studio or instructional workshops
• art making out in the community
• exhibition and sale of artwork
• connections to mentorship and apprenticeships in the arts industry
• support for education or a career in the arts
• jobs for participating youth facilitating workshops and programs
• space to explore and express opinions and ideas through art making
• a way to regain privacy or to feel some relief from the pressures of street life
• a place to play
• NOT just for youth who are or want to be artists
• a place of welcome!