Actions and Detail Panel
Service-Oriented Architecture, Integration, and Microservices
Thu, 11 May 2017, 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM PDT
The Association of Enterprise Architects of BC presents an evening to explore Service-Oriented Architecture, Integration, and Microservices!
Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) is a key enabler for the digital enterprise. Through service re-use, the adoption of integration best practices, and the alignment of services to business functions, modern organizations gain competitive advantage through business agility - providing the flexibility needed for today's quickly changing business and technology landscapes.
Moving beyond SOA, Microservices are becoming commonplace - favouring the approach of 'replaceable' code over 'maintainable' code via the adoption of small, autonomous services working together.
Please join us for this exciting event to learn more about SOA, Integration, and Microservices!
Our keynote speakers are:
Matt McLarty (API Academy - CA Technologies) presenting on "The evolution of SOA/Integration and the rise of Microservice Architecture"
- Vice President of the API Academy at CA Technologies
- Co-Author of "Microservice Architecture"
Jose Herrera (Groundswell Group Inc)
- Partner and Chief Architect at Groundswell Group Inc.
- Council Member at the Gerson Lehrman Group, and specializes in Management Consulting, Strategy, Architecture, Enterprise Integration, Technology, Project Management, Project Leadership, Information Management and Business Processes
The keynote session will be followed by open networking - come and introduce yourself!
The Association of Enterprise Architects (AEA) is the definitive professional organization for Enterprise Architects. The AEA - BC Chapter is a forum for excellence that will increase the awareness, effectiveness, and value of enterprise architecture for practitioners and organizations in our region.
Registration is open to all, regardless of whether you are an AEA member or not.
Enterprise/Integration/Security/Data Architects/Solution Architects
- Integration Programmers/Developers
Program and Project Managers
We look forward to seeing you there!
- Doors open at 6pm; event starts at 6:30pm
- Access into the building will likely be restricted since it is after hours. Please check in with a volunteer near Bentall Tower 4 main entrance who will guide you into the event room.