Actions and Detail Panel
VisitAble Housing: From Concept to Reality
Wed, 23 March 2016, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM EDT
Join the Social Development Centre Waterloo Region and the Kitchener-Waterloo VisitAble Housing Task Force in a panel presentation and/or breakaway group discussion on VisitAble housing as necessary to an inclusive community.
The VisitAble Housing Concept & What We Know: Panel Presentation (10am-12pm)
• VisitAble Housing in Canada – Allen Mankewich, Canadian Centre on Disability Studies
• Housing Needs and Challenges – Jamie Shipley, Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
• VisitAble Housing and Accessibility Features in the MLS® System – Charlotte Zawada, Kitchener-Waterloo Association of REALTORS®
• A Municipal Planner's Perspective – Tanja Curic, City of Waterloo
• Builders Experience & What’s Possible – Rick Martins, Huron Creek Developments
• VisitAble Housing Policy Change Directions – Kitchener-Waterloo VisitAble Housing Task Force
Knowledge into Action: Workshop (1-4pm)
For those who want to take steps to make VisitAble housing a standard, this workshop is an opportunity to discuss how to make it happen
Please register for morning, afternoon, or both sessions by March 21st at 4pm.
For more information on the VisitAble Housing Project and Task Force, please visit: http://waterlooregion.org/visitable