The Windsor-Essex Pride Fest aims to promote equality and diversity through all of its year-round events including its signature annual event, the Windsor-Essex Pride Fest. The four-day Pride festival uses theatre, music, art, entertainment and education to raise awareness of discrimination and the issues and difficulties affecting the lives of diverse LGBT people in our community. Through this we aim to promote a sentiment in favour of equality, uniting people in a celebrative atmosphere where all are welcome, and fostering a sense of community within the Windsor-Essex LGBT population.
The mission of the Windsor-Essex Pride Fest is to grow the organization into a premier event for the community and enhance its ability to become sustainable with the goal of helping to further the mandate of the Windsor Pride Community.
Windsor-Essex Pride Fest will:
- Run a not-for-profit organization, committed to volunteers and staff.
- Create a safe space to engage communities in the celebration of their sexuality.
- Raise awareness of ongoing issues such as discrimination, bullying and youth suicide.
- Coordinate a series of pre-eminent arts & cultural events to increase tourism.
- Utilize the public festival as a means of creating a shared positive experience between the LGBT and mainstream
populations to help build on Windsor Pride’s Community’s objective of creating an inclusive community.
- Work with regional and provincial tourism organizations to promote Windsor-Essex area as a LGBT visitor destination.