Actions and Detail Panel
Sat, 3 December 2016, 6:00 PM – 9:30 PM MST
Tired of spending hours mowing, watering, and weeding; only to have a yard that gives you no yield in return? Let us introduce you to the concept of edible forest gardening, aka, food forestry. This fun and interactive evening will feature teachings from three practicing professionals who turn lawns into gardens every day.
First, we’ll have a potluck and drinks, because breaking bread together is awesome. Then, we’ll give you design tips and inspiration for creating a food forest in Calgary, from plant species and design to establishment and maintenance. All the while, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to ask questions, practice your design skills, and get to know other participants. Get excited about what is possible when using this world-changing and land-healing gardening approach!
Please bring a dish to share at the potluck, and BYOB for this event.
6:00pm - Potluck & Drinks
7:00pm - Workshop & Activities
9:00pm - Mingle & Continue the Conversation
In this workshop, you will:
- Get to know useful plant species for the Calgary climate.
- Gain some practical tools to take your food forest from ideas to fruition.
- Become familiar with design methodologies and strategies to plan a food forest.
- Build habits of observing and interacting with edible forest gardens.
- Hear our experiences to help avoid costly mistakes and achieve your goals faster and more thoroughly.
- Meet a community of people who are interested in food forestry and share ideas.
SPECIAL BONUS OFFER:
Our friends at Prairie Sage Permaculture are hosting an amazing Winter Permaculture course earlier in the day on December 3. So why not make a day of it? If you register for BOTH courses, you'll get 20% off each course! Contact us at email@example.com to take advantage of this special offer. More info on the Winter Permaculture course here: