NECB 2011: Design & Permit Application Requirements
Doors will be open at 11:30AM with the speakers starting at 12PM sharp. A hot lunch will be provided – please message us after your registration if you have any specific dietary needs.
Implementing Energy Standard NECB 2011 with the ABC (Alberta Building Code) 2014: Design and Building Permit Application Requirements
Effective November 1st, 2016, construction projects permitted in the Province of Alberta must be designed in compliance with the National Energy Code of Canada for Buildings (NECB) 2011 edition. This will affect changes to architectural & interior design concepts, the design process, as well as permitting, construction and occupancy requirements.
Please join us to learn how the new energy code may affect the design and construction of your projects. In particular:
- How this affects business as usual
- Changes to the design process
- Changes to the overall project schedule including site procurement, design, construction and occupancy
- NECB 2011 code requirements
- Submission requirements for building permit and occupancy
- NECB applicability, exemptions and alternatives
- How to incorporate provisions of NECB 2011 in electrical design
- Lighting control in the space, space types and examples
- Common and alternative methods of lighting control compliance with the NECB
- Additional requirements for controls (i.e. supplemental task lighting, under- cabinet lighting, guest rooms, etc.)
- Automatic shutoff – common and alternative methods of compliance
- Functional testing (commissioning by the 3rd party)
- Lessons learned from the implementation of NECB 2011 in other jurisdictions
This seminar is suitable for all stakeholders involved with the design, construction, installation, commissioning and inspection of projects, including Building Owners, Developers, Project Managers, Architects, Interior Designers, Code Consultants, Electrical Engineers, Electrical Contractors and Inspection Authorities.
Sunny Ghataurah's Biography
Sunny Ghataurah is one of Western Canada’s leading electrical engineers and has 6 years of experience as an electrician and more than 20 years of experience in the electrical design and construction administration of a wide range of electrical systems. He is skilled in designing high voltage installations, power systems, lighting, fire alarm systems, generators, fire pumps and control & communication systems. Sunny has become a leader in the implementation of ASHRAE & NECB on all types of projects.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Free Parking is available at the Royal Glenora Club
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Yes, just let us know when you arrive so we can keep track of the attendees.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
What is the refund policy?
Please let us know as soon as possible if you cannot attend, and we will arrange for a refund.
The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
Yes, please check in with us when you arrive.