Edmonton's NextGen is excited to present Pecha Kucha Night 27—an evening of winter celebration! NextGen is partnering with Winter Cities Shake-Up 2017 to deliver ten exciting presentations that embrace the chill in our winter city!
Check out the lineup:
- Michele Perret | Making Minus Positive in a YEG Winter
- Mandy Johnson |#BikeAllWinter
- Darren Proulx | Using Snow to Build a Better City
- Glenn Kubish | Inside Coffee Outside
- Emma Sanborn | Life in Luleå
- Matt Roper | Winter River Pavilions
- Susan Yackulic | Nordic Walking: The Perfect Winter City Outdoor Activity
- Shafraaz Kaba | Re-Imagine the Arts District for Edmonton's Winter Nights
- Michael Glazier | Commuting in Winter: The Experiment
- Kairi Pawlick | Choose Your Winter
Come early to check out the Shake-Up's Winter Culture & Innovation Showcase in the foyer.
Doors open at 6:00pm; presentations begin at 7:00pm.
Tickets are only available in advance through Eventbrite so be sure to get them before the show!
What is Pecha Kucha?
Drawing its name from the Japanese term for “the sound of chit chat”, Pecha Kucha Night was devised by Tokyo’s Klein Dytham Architecture in February 2003 as a venue for young designers to meet, network, exchange ideas and discuss their work in public. It rests on a presentation format that is based on a simple idea: 20 images, each shown for 20 seconds, for a total presentation length of six minutes and 40 seconds. Why this format you ask? It keeps presentations concise, fast-paced and entertaining. For more information, visit pechakucha.org.