The Atkinson Professional Accounting Association (APAA) is a student-run organization that serves to encourage leadership, excellence, and professionalism in School of Administrative Studies Accounting students of York University. The association was founded in May 1998 by a group of graduating students for the purposes of promoting Atkinson's Bachelor of Administrative Studies in Accounting (BAS) program, aiding students and soliciting support from University faculty and potential employers. Formerly known as the Atkinson Accounting Club, the association has successfully re-branded itself since 2007.
The majority of APAA members are School of Administrative Studies students who are working toward their Bachelor of Administrative Studies degree and are interested in a career in accounting. Upon graduation, many APAA members pursue a professional accounting designation.
1. To provide business students an opportunity to interact with accounting firms and organizations.
2. To facilitate a successful annual recruiting season by providing a networking channel between accounting students and recruiters from public accounting firms and professional organizations.
3. To actively contribute to and create greater student relations within the York University and School of Administrative Studies community.
4. To give students the opportunity to seek advice and mentorship from their fellow members and alumni while engaging in our Volunteer Leadership program
5. To motivate students to be better citizens and leaders in their community.