Performance measurement is the most important management activity for private and public sector organizations but also the most difficult to successfully implement and make repeatable. This three-day workshop will help you deal with the unique challenges of implementing performance measurement and linking this important activity to other management activities within an integrated, repeatable planning and reporting cycle. By applying principles from the Balanced Scorecard (BSC) methodology with the Results Chain/Logic Model approach, you will learn to create a clear link between your mission and vision and the key performance drivers required to successfully deliver on your core activities and execute the strategy tied to your vision.
By the End of the Workshop You Will Be Able To:
- Understand the language of performance measurement
- Develop a balanced set of financial and non-financial performance indicators
- Lead a performance measurement project and/or be an effective project team member
You Will Learn To:
- Implement a Six Step Process to Performance Measurement
- Understand the difference between inputs, activities, outputs, outcomes, Indicators, targets, baselines and benchmarks
- Test the six step process: 1) education; 2) document your sustaining agenda ("business as usual") logic and change agenda ("transforming the business") strategy; 3) identify the “critical few” performance indicators; 4) refine your performance story; 5) Finalize the Reporting Strategy and Performance Measurement Plan ; 6) Implement the strategy and plan, refine and Adjust
- Build the Performance Measurement Framework
- Document the logic/theory for your core business tied to your mandate - your "logic model"
- Map your strategy
- Identify the "critical few" performance indicators for your sustaining and change agendas
- Leverage the power of "leading" and "lagging" indicators
- Consult with key stakeholders to identify the right measurement dimensions/perspectives
- Test prospective indicators for "feasibility". Build a costed Performance Measurement Strategy Framework.
- Build a Strategic Management System
- Integrate performance measurement into the annual planning and reporting cycle
- Link resources to results
- Integrate performance and risk
- Align functional, project team and individual performance goals with organizational, expectations and objectives
- Use benchmarks to compare and improve performance
- Develop a performance improvement action plan
- Successfully Execute your Performance Measurement Project
- Get commitment and buy-in at all levels of the organization
- Balance the use of in-house resources and consultants
- Select and train the Implementation Team
- Conduct the right training program
- Leverage Technology Appropriately
- Understand why a robust reporting solution is critical
- How to make best use of dashboards, ,scorecards, briefing books and annual performance reports
- Structure performance reports to meet decision maker’s needs
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Absolutely! We're happy to see anyone who wants to learn.
Can I update my registration information?
Anytime at all. Just call or email us and we will update your info.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No. When we do attendance, we'll know it's you ;-)
What is the cancellation policy?
Cancellation or rescheduling of the workshop may be made (in writing) without penalty up to three business days before the course start date. Full invoice charges will be applied to any cancellation or rescheduling request made within three days of the course start date. However, a substitute delegate is always welcome at no additional charge. Please note that non-attendance at the workshop will result in full invoice charges. Should we be forced to cancel a workshop for any reason, liability is limited to reimbursement of paid registration fees
Save This Event
When & Where
Performance Training Solutions
PTS provides classroom and online training for Canadian public and private sector employees. We specialize in improving your "core competencies" --- skills that professionals at every level need to have in order to succeed:
• "Time Management and Organizing Skills"
• “Implementing Performance Measurement - The Six Steps”
• "Efficiency and Operational Costing in Government"
• "Achieving Performance Alignment"
• "Improving your Communication Skills"
• "Introductory Project Management"
• "Administration Skills" (In-House only)
• "Introduction to Negotiation"
• "Dynamic Facilitation Skills" (In-House only)
• "Delivering Powerful Presentations" (In-House only)
Now, in its 18th year of operation, Performance Training Solutions have trained over 17,000 Government and private sector personnel and continue to offer public workshops in our Nation's capital AND online “webinars” available from coast-to-coast. Feedback received from each and every workshop attendee shows that, over the many hundreds of workshops held during the past eighteen years, the average overall level of customer satisfaction for our workshops is > 91%.
We will be introducing additional workshops in the coming months and look forward to seeing you there!