Building relationships, communicating well, using emotional intelligence and fostering openness are all part of today's requirements at work and at home. Successful negotiators build their self-awareness, their communication skills, and their negotiating skills on a daily basis to ensure they are able to get what they need by applying win/win tactics and attitudes to every conversation.
What does it take to become a successful negotiator?
- Win/win attitude
- High level of self-awareness
- Superior communication skills
- Thorough understanding of integrative negotiating skills
- Pre-planning for your negotiation conversation
In these two days we will:
- Examine the fundamental skills required for successful negotiations
- Building self-awareness
- Improving your communication skills
- Getting to "Yes"
- Understand key elements and surrounding elements of a negotiation conversation
- Separating the people from the problem
- Focusing on interests --- not positions
- Generating a variety of solutions
- Selecting the best option
- Practice these, and many more, effective negotiating techniques
More specifically, you will:
- Increase your own self-awareness by identifying your strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. You will then apply this knowledge to your negotiation conversation and identify the role self-awareness plays during all communication attempts.
- Review and build your communication skills and clearly understand your responsibilities as a sender of information and your responsibilities as a receiver of information. You will then apply this knowledge to your negotiation conversations and recognize the linkages between self-awareness, communicating, and successful negotiation.
- Develop specific attributes that every successful negotiator must possess when they sit down to negotiate. Having your self-awareness and communicating skills in tact will help you build these attributes.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Absolutely! We're happy to see anyone who wants to learn.
Can I update my registration information?
Anytime at all. Just call or email us and we will update your info.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No. When we do attendance, we'll know it's you ;-)
What is the cancellation policy?
Cancellation or rescheduling of the workshop may be made (in writing) without penalty up to three business days before the course start date. Full invoice charges will be applied to any cancellation or rescheduling request made within three days of the course start date. However, a substitute delegate is always welcome at no additional charge. Please note that non-attendance at the workshop will result in full invoice charges. Should we be forced to cancel a workshop for any reason, liability is limited to reimbursement of paid registration fees.
Save This Event
When & Where
Performance Training Solutions
PTS provides classroom and online training for Canadian public and private sector employees. We specialize in improving your "core competencies" --- skills that professionals at every level need to have in order to succeed:
• "Time Management and Organizing Skills"
• “Implementing Performance Measurement - The Six Steps”
• "Efficiency and Operational Costing in Government"
• "Achieving Performance Alignment"
• "Improving your Communication Skills"
• "Introductory Project Management"
• "Administration Skills" (In-House only)
• "Introduction to Negotiation"
• "Dynamic Facilitation Skills" (In-House only)
• "Delivering Powerful Presentations" (In-House only)
Now, in its 18th year of operation, Performance Training Solutions have trained over 17,000 Government and private sector personnel and continue to offer public workshops in our Nation's capital AND online “webinars” available from coast-to-coast. Feedback received from each and every workshop attendee shows that, over the many hundreds of workshops held during the past eighteen years, the average overall level of customer satisfaction for our workshops is > 91%.
We will be introducing additional workshops in the coming months and look forward to seeing you there!