Actions and Detail Panel
2nd Annual Lending Library Symposium
Sat, 10 June 2017, 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM EDT
The Toronto Tool Library and Sharing Depot team are super excited to host this year's Lending Library Symposium. Thinking of starting a Tool Library or Library of Things in your city/town? Want to improve what you're doing and learn from your peers? This is your chance to connect, socialize and learn from each other to help the sharing movement grow worldwide.
The event will take place all weekend, from Friday evening to Sunday afternoon, and the ticket price includes the following:
- Beverages and snacks on Friday Night
- Full day conference on Saturday, June 10 includes breakfast, lunch, panels, workshops
- Big party on Saturday night
- Breakfast on Sunday morning
- Tour of Toronto's Tool Libraries
We will do our best to get everyone who attends the conference a free place to stay with our volunteer network for Friday, Saturday and, if necessary, Sunday night, please contact Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a place to stay.
The conference this year will have a combination of talks, panels and breakout workshops. Topics will include:
- MyTurn Overview and Q&A with Gene Homicki (Founder of MyTurn)
- Volunteer Recruitment and Retention
- Repairs and Maintenance
- Accounting 101 - Managing the Books and Analyzing Revenue Streams
- Tool Libraries 101 - How to Get Started
- Governance Models and Structures
- Managing Effective Partnerships
- Grant Writing
- Youth Programs
- Libraries of Things
- Marketing and Partnerships
If you are interested in hosting a workshop on any of these subjects please contact Ryan@IRBE.org. Presenters get a free ticket!
Thanks everyone and more info to come soon.
The Toronto Tool Library team