Actions and Detail Panel
Breastfeeding Level 2
Wed, 10 May 2017, 8:30 AM – Fri, 12 May 2017, 4:30 PM EDT
Kathy Venter, RN, IBCLC
- Describe the biological processes and the psychological and social milieu affecting breastfeeding
- Demonstrate effective assessment and management skills to support breastfeeding in challenging circumstances
- Clinical issues affecting the dyad
- Neurobiology of breastfeeding and infant-parent attachment
- Ethical issues
- Evaluating research and resources
The minimum prerequisite for this course for hospital and community health professionals is a comprehensive three day breastfeeding education course (Level 1) in the past 2 – 3 years.
L and E contract CERPs have been approved by IBLCE. Criteria for successful completion include attendance at the entire course, completion of pre/post tests and evaluation forms.