Once again, Neil Zeller is offering to teach you how he shoots and edits for his best images! Join Neil for a 3 day intensive workshop, limited to 10 participants, and take your photography to the next amazing level! You’ve been shooting confidently for some time now, but need a boost to bring your images to a wow place! Sign up today for an incredible weekend of creativity!
Read about one participants' experience inthis class here: http://keithsodyssey.blogspot.ca/2016/09/be-best-lettuce-photographer.html
Prerequisites for this class
- Photographing regularly in full manual mode
- Using as your main editing suite and very comfortable with Lightroom Software (Strongly advise Lightroom CC subscription)
- Have some familiarity with Photoshop
- Adobe Photographers CC Bundle (Lightroom and Photoshop)
- Photomatix Pro (installed as a Lightroom add-on)
- StarStax (free shareware)
Friday Jan 20th. Classroom 6pm – 9pm
Here you will learn advanced technical settings for your camera, along with my theories for shooting in different situations.
- How to utilize camera accessories to your advantage
- How to take a shot that will edit best (it’s different than just shooting for the best image on the back of the camera)
- Bracketing for HDR processing
- Shooting panoramic images
- Shooting for timelapse videos and star trails
- Planning and shooting for composite imagery
Saturday Jan 21. In the field – 2pm – 11pm.
I will provide the transportation for this day in a modern 15 passenger tour bus. We will stop for a quick supper at some point in the day, please bring drinks and snacks for the rest of the time.
This day will be focused practical learning in real life situations.
- Bracketing for HDR in all kinds of situations
- Composition best practices
- Changing perspectives
- Seeing and photographing light creatively
- Using reflections
- Shooting panoramic photos
- Golden hour and Blue hour (sunset in between)
- Star trail and timelapse sequence
Sunday Jan 22. Classroom 9am – 5pm.
We will break for lunch for 45 minutes, there are many choices for quick meals in the area. Coffee and water will be provided.
This day will be exclusively focused on advanced editing techniques
- Beyond the basics editing!
- Creative use of the toning brushes
- The power of the healing brush
- Hidden menus and options
- Panoramic image assembly
- Prepare and edit HDR images in Lightroom and Photomatix
- Assembling and editing star trail images.
- Making timelapse videos.
- File handling and exporting for print, web and social use.
- DSLR or mirrorless camera capable of fully manual operation
- Laptop with the noted software installed and tested.
- Sturdy tripod
- CABLE RELEASE shutter switch. A wireless remote will not work.
- Any filters you have (Neutral Density filter is most important)
As our field work day will be shaped by the conditions on the day, please be prepared for the potential of extensive walking and a variety of weather. By signing up for this course, you are acknowledging the risks and that you are required to sign liability release before starting the workshop.