Actions and Detail Panel
Learn at Lougheed Calligraphy Workshop
Sat, 29 April 2017, 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM PDT
Learn the art of Modern Calligraphy at Lougheed with Maurelle Calligraphy and Design. This lost art uses an old-fashioned pen holder and a pointed steel nib dipped on ink to produce elegant letters characterized by both thick and thin lines.
You will get:
- 1 plastic straight pen holder
- 1 pointed nib
- 1 small bottle of ink
- calligraphy manual and exemplar practice sheets
You will learn:
- Important calligraphy terminologies
- Calligraphy tools and its preparation
- Proper posture and arm movement
- Fundamental strokes
- Lowercase Alphabet
- Proper way of connecting letters
This is an intimate class setting and individual instructions maybe provided by the instructor if time permits. Demonstrations will be displayed on a screen with live commentary from the instructor. Light refreshments will be served.
Ticket proceeds benefit the Burnaby Firefighters Charitable Society.
Follow us on Instagram and tag your workshop snaps #LearnatLougheed