Actions and Detail Panel
Our Turn to Parent
Sat, 6 May 2017, 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM PDT
Practical Advice on Caring for Aging Parents
We’re getting older, we’re living longer, and we’re changing what it means to age. We’re also entering new territory. How do we plan for longevity, what does it mean to age well, and how can we - and those we love - live safely, securely, and independently for as long as possible?
At Assante, we believe true retirement readiness is about more than savings and investments. It’s about living - and aging - well. A comprehensive plan needs to address longevity, health care, and end of life - as moments that matter for you, your family, and your finances. We believe your plan is most secure when your aging loved one’s plans are too. That’s why it’s critical to think and talk about the decisions that may be around the corner for you and your family.
You will discover:
- How the "Sandwich Generation" can excel in spite of relational stresses
- The four estate planning misconceptions to avoid
- Proven dementia behaviour management techniques
- How to avoid double taxation on your parents' "red" retirement accounts
This intensive half-day bootcamp is for you if:
- You have noticed your parents’ behaviour recently change and aren’t sure what to do next
- You and your siblings disagree on how best to care for your aging parents
- You are concerned about your parents’ ability to manage their finances independently
- Your loved ones are contemplating a move to a health-assisted living community
- You are looking to initiate a family meeting to discuss your parents’ estate plans
- You are looking for a better understanding of caring for parents’ facing mental health challenges
- You are beginning to talk with your loved ones about their plans and wishes for end of life.
The Expert Panel
Doug Towill, BCom, MBA
Senior Vice President, Strategic Business Development
Dr. Dave Currie, PhD
Marriage & Family Counselor
Doing Family Right
Dan Levitt, MSc., CHE
Brad Willems, CFP
Vice President, Senior Wealth Advisor
Assante Wealth Management
Sheri Yakashiro, J.D.