Come learn the basic skills of brush calligraphy, while making a difference! This workshop is perfect for beginners, or anyone who always wanted to learn brush lettering, or anyone who likes to get creative for a good cause (i.e. fight against sexual exploitation in Vancouver and globally.)
In a hyper-digitized super-speedy world, calligraphy and handlettering bring back a touch of personal and relaxation/reflection into your life. Studies show the positive and unique effects of slowing down to write things down, journalling and reflection.
Don’t let the gravitational pull of busyness, responsibilities, and activities squeeze out the important-but-not-urgent-things like creativity, relationships, and generosity.
Come and get creative and inspired in community. Meet some new people, or invite a friend for a creative date. Collaborate and contribute to something greater than yourself…(20% of proceeds will be donated to a local charity serving marginalized neighbors. You’ll also be given opportunity to create cards to be given to encourage someone in need, like those served by our charities).
What we will cover:
- Pressures of the brush pen
- Basic strokes
- Warm-up drills
- Words that matter for your heart (core vallues, or a "word of the year" to focus your intentions)
- How to write the word on a personal journal cover, customized by your handlettering
- Basic brush pen set
- 25 page Lettering Workbook with basic strokes for lowercase brush script
- Blank journal for you to customize
- Cardstock to make cards for needy women served by our partner charities
What to bring:
- Your smile and creative/reflective spirit
INVEST: $69/person (20% of proceeds will go to http://www.safoundation.com, a charity with a proven long term success in freeing women from a life of sexual exploitation in Vancouver and globally.)
- For alumni who have been to any of our previous paid workshops, save $10, use code REPEAT
- Bring a friend with you, save $5 each, use code FRIEND
SIGN UP BY Thursday, February 16
I still have questions.
For more FAQs including what to expect, what to bring, levels of experience, etc. visit http://www.socialcalligraphy.com You can also email justine @ itjustflows.ca with direct questions. Hope to see you there!