Remade Upcycle Sewing event presents Swap & Chop - a clothing refashion session.
Refashioning the clothing you wear on the exterior of your body, to create silhouettes that are both creative and a reflection of your individualism, can have a huge impact on your confidence and level of grounded-ness in your own being. Seeing a reflection of your own creativity in your wardrobe can enhance your level of self-awareness and in turn your awareness of others and the world around you.
In this session we will work from a selection of clothing brought together by participants and co-hosts. Using basic sewing skills, each participant will refashion clothing into a unique creation to take home. In this session especially we endeavor to cultivate a ‘just try it’ environment where anything is possible. Let’s have some fun playing with fashion.
What to bring:
- a couple items of clothing appropriate for the swap & chop, larger/longer items are more versitile for a refashion
- a sewing machine, if you are interested to sew on your own machine please bring along
What is provided:
- a selection of clothing to choose from for your creation
- machines and equipment necessary for sewing
- thread, buttons and other notions
Co-hosted by Annita Nichol, Remade by Meebs and Amanda Johal, Feisty Consignment