San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Level 1 Occupational Health Committee (OHC) Training is an introductory course for OHC members and occupational health and safety representatives (Reps). By the end of this two day course, OHC members and Reps will know:
- How to locate relevant information in Saskatchewan Occupational Health and Safety legislation to address occupational health and safety (OHS) issues in their workplace.
- The requirements for establishing and operating an effective OHC.
- The duties and role of the OHC within the OHS Workplace Responsibility System.
- How to identify and assess workplace hazards.
- How to identify and recommend corrective actions to control workplace hazards.
- How to handle OHS concerns and investigate refusals to work.
There is no pre-requisite for attending this course.
A critical component of this course derives from attendance and active participation in class. Participants and employers must commit to full attendance, as missing class time due to late arrivals or absences during the session may result in a participant being asked to withdraw and re-register in a future session.
* NOTE: Lunch is not provided.
** The WCB collects your email in order to confirm your training registration and provide updates on this event.