Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
Now waitlisting participants for Spring 2017!
Empowering Women to Manifest Their Unique Voice and Presence
Have you got a TED Talk in you? Getting ready to take the stage and really want to wow your audience?
Join Marion Chapsal and Evelyn McKelvie for a one-of-a-kind workshop designed especially for women who are seeking to manifest their own unique voice and presence. The Red Circle and The Round Pen is a first-ever intensive 3 day retreat at Wisteria Acres in Langley in beautiful British Columbia. Restricted to 8 women, the group will be taken through a series of specially created exercises and experiences designed to dig deep into their psyches and find their own unique archetype and voice. The retreat will be a unique blend of Marion’s expertise coaching people to show their brilliance on stage and Evelyn’s expertise with horses that will help you to get grounded in your authentic presence with the horses in the round pen.
Each participant will have the opportunity to take centre stage and centre round pen to practice being at one with her own presence and unique voice.
The agenda each day will include group work, individual coaching, and time for presenting to the group and responding to the presentations of fellow workshop participants.
“A woman with a voice is by definition a strong woman. But the search to find that voice can be remarkably difficult.” - Melinda Gates.
This workshop is for you if you are a woman who:
- is required to make impactful presentations, but do not yet feel entirely confident,
- struggles with perfectionism and is familiar with, and may suffer from, the imposter syndrome
- sometimes feels that when you speak, you are not capturing the attention of your peers or are interrupted or shot down before finishing your pitch
- feels you need to be cautious about expressing your ideas, like walking on eggshells
- even though you have great ideas to contribute, you stay quiet during meetings for fear of being judged as too passive or too aggressive, too soft or too loud.
- works in a male-dominated industry and wants to feel at home as a woman in a man’s world.
- is an entrepreneur or an executive who is taking on roles with increased visibility.
- knows that improving your presentation skills will advance your leadership and influence and wants a safe supportive network to explore and hone your skills
What’s in it for you?
- Discover the ten most common traps women fall into when they speak in public and develop strategies to avoid these traps
- Understand the double-bind effect for women communicating in the workplace and overcome this polarity
- Discover the power of presence via breathing, voice, and posture, through working and playing with horses at liberty and in the round pen
- Learn how to overcome stage fright and embrace your fears
- Get the recognition you deserve by learning how to increase your visibility and impact
- Get support and nourishment from a circle of women committed to the personal and professional growth of themselves and each other
- Learn how to identify your own unique style of communication
- Bring your best self to center stage (or red circle!)
- Identify your critics and overcome the tyranny of perceived criticism
Registration Includes 3 nights cozy accommodation in the Wisteria Acres Retreat House along with all meals and refreshments. Evenings will include discussions, story-telling, and - weather permitting – sitting around the firepit soaking in the sharing and learning.
Each participant will leave with a portfolio of photos and a short video of their presentation. Post workshop, participants will be invited to join an online community to continue the support learning, and networking with the possibility of a Mastermind series starting in 2017.
If you need to cancel your registration in the workshop, please notify us at least 2 weeks before the workshop start date to be eligible for a refund (less a $200 administration fee). No refund will be made for cancellations received later than 2 weeks before the workshop begins. Notification should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.